The Law Offices of John M. McCabe, P.A. - Raleigh Personal Injury Attorney
Free Initial Consultations
Toll Free: 877-320-1851 | Phone: 919-899-9852
Toll Free: 877-320-1851
Phone: 919-899-9852
Call Us Now
COVID-19 Update: Our office is open and we are available for video conferencing and phone consultations. Please call us to learn more.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  » Injured pedestrians may be able to get compensation
Motor Vehicle
Home/Assisted Living
Serious And
Catastrophic Injuries

Injured pedestrians may be able to get compensation

by | Oct 5, 2016 | Car Accidents

Several posts here have discussed car accidents in which a driver strikes a pedestrian either walking across a street or standing or walking alongside a road. In one of these cases, a child pedestrian thankfully escaped with broken bones. However, the people of the Raleigh, North Carolina, metro area know that pedestrian accidents can lead to severe injuries. In many accidents the person walking or riding a bicycle dies from the injuries.

It is important for pedestrians who are injured in an accident to remember that in North Carolina, pedestrians enjoy the right of way in almost all cases. A pedestrian stands a lot higher chance than a motorist of being injured following a collision with a car or truck, so motorists in North Carolina have an ongoing obligation to be mindful of pedestrians and, when necessary, to yield to them. This is true even if the pedestrian has broken a traffic law or custom by walking outside the boundaries of a crosswalk or walking on the wrong side of the road.

Although there are ways in which a pedestrian can be safer on the road, after an accident the injured person or the family may want to consider whether or not negligence played a part in the incident, as they may be able to get compensation for their injuries.

In this respect, our law offices have represented injured pedestrians following an accidents for over 20 years, using our knowledge and experience to protect their rights and secure appropriate compensation for their losses.


FindLaw Network